HARYANA ORGANIC CLUSTER PROJECT ( HOCP )
ICCOA had started this project in the year of 2009 in collaboration with the Dept. of Horticulture, Govt. of Haryana. This project will have its completion in 2011 so far.
ICCOA & Govt. of Haryana initiated this project with a no. activities in 2009 are as under :
The Haryana Organic Cluster Project ( HOCP ) took different places to provide organic services at Haryana in India. The places under this project are Gurgaon, Mewat, Jind, & Jhajar.
HOCP undertook 2000 ha. of land in total in Haryana alone.
HOCP' Public Relation ( PR ) & Advocacy
ICCOA & Govt. of Haryana have undertaken PR and advocacy activities during 2009. The type of activities falling under the scope of HOCP are:
- Participate in events and displays around the country
- Represent ICCOA & Govt. of Haryana's joint initiatives in meetings- requested/ invited
- Can jointly organize meetings/ events
- Widely disseminate information material about organic agriculture and Govt. of Haryana.
ICCOA needs to save a note for this project ( HOCP ) on the PR and Advocacy activities are as under :
- Total no. farmers are 1263 in number.
- HOCP has identified four places of Haryana under its organic service coverage.
Name of areas under this project are as under :
- Gurgaon = 350 ha. area.
- Mewat = 250 ha. area.
- Jind = 650 ha. area.
- Jhajar = 350 ha. area.
HOCP has been certified by a no. agencies. They are as under :