Consultancy & Collaboration
Our experience of working with all groups in the organic sector has helped us build expertise and a diverse resource pool. We provide consultancy services in the spheres of supply chain management, institutional strengthening, business development, brand building and management. We offer these services to farmer groups, private companies, voluntary organisations and entrepreneurs.
Few of the assignments:
SIPPO hired ICCOA for an audit to select organic start-ups in India. We coordinated and organised a buyers' mission to India to promote exports of organic products.
- In 2007, Oxfam assigned research study on "market potential for organic produce
- Sri Lanka: The ministry of agriculture, government of Sri Lanka, invited the Executive Director to Sri Lanka for a 10-day visit in 2011. The Executive Director conducted a workshop on developing policy on organic agriculture and domestic marketing strategy for Sri Lanka.
- from Gujarat". The research study helped in linking the organic farmers of the Kutch region to markets.
- Nepal, Thailand and Malaysia: Our experts were invited to these countries for providing expert guidance and technical know-how pertaining to organic agriculture and agribusiness.
- ICCOA organised a workshop for officers from Thailand in India and introduced the delegation to Indian government, especially APEDA and Ministry of Agriculture.
- Bhutan: The ministry of agriculture in Bhutan approached ICCOA for a long-term collaboration on organic agriculture. A delegation also participated in India Organic fair.
- Tibet Organic: In 2010, ICCOA undertook a study to evaluate and improve the organic programme for the Federation of Tibetan Cooperatives in India Ltd. We, along with an expert analysed the challenges faced by the federation and drew up a strategy paper to revitalise organic agriculture in Tibetan settlements and develop new markets for their produce.
ICCOA has associated with international organizations FiBL, IFOAM, SIPPO, Nurnberg Messe (BioFach), FAO, CBI, UNCTAD, etc.; and within India with the National Centre of Organic Farming, APEDA, Ministry of Food Processing, State Governments, Agriculture Universities, NAFED, CII, organic farmers, processors, traders etc.
ICCOA has a long term agreement with Nurnberg Messe, Germany to co-organise "Biofach India together with India Organic" annual trade fairs.