Welcome to ICCOA
We started as a knowledge and resource centre for the organic sector in 2004, when the organic farming movement had just begun in India. Our growth through the years has been concurrent with the organic sector in India. With over 18 years of experience and expertise working with all the players in the organic sector – from farmers, traders, research and academic institutions to governments and policy makers, we can proudly claim to be leaders in the organic sector.
We have a presence across 24 states of India, helped nearly 2 lakh farmers to convert 1.30 lakh hectares into organic farming and facilitated formation of 190 FPOs (Farmer Producer Organisation) with nearly 96,000 farmers
18+ Years’ Experience
• 1st National conference on organic agriculture
• India Organic Service Centre (IOSC) of IFOAM
• Published "The Indian Organic pathway"
• First edition of "Directory of Indian organic stakeholders"
• Published "Indian Organic business today: global and local"
• Published "The Market for Organic Foods in India"
• 2nd edition of Directory of Indian Organic stakeholders
• Invited to study meeting on Asian countries by APO (Asian Productivity Council), Tokyo
• 3rd India Organic Trade Fair in Delhi
• Training on organic agriculture in all north-eastern states
• 4th India Organic trade fair in Delhi
• Organic conversion projects in Karnataka, Haryana
• 3rd edition of Directory in print and CD
• Training on organic farming for a delegation from Thailand
• 2nd BIIO in Mumbai
• Compilation of "Organic Package of Practices for Horticultural crops"
• Market links - Devanahalli vegetables to retail chains in Bangalore, Nagaland pineapples to Dilli Haat
• Conversion projects in Kerala, Himachal Pradesh
• Third BIIO comes to Bangalore with Government of Karnataka as host and co-organiser.
• Conversion projects in Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Kerala, Jammu & Kashmir
• Fourth BIIO in Bangalore - Government of Karnataka is co-organiser
• First Certificate programme in Organic Agriculture - 17 graduates
• Fourth edition of Directory of organic stakeholders
• 5th BIIO in Bangalore with Government of Karnataka
• Conversion projects in Assam, Tamil Nadu
• 6th BIIO moves to Kochi with Government of Kerala is host and co-organiser
• National workshop on sustainable and organic agripreneurship
• Proposal to start a Diploma course in organic agriculture in Ghana, in collaboration with the university.
• Bengaluru Organic Mart Savayava Raitara Santhe – first retail fair was organised in a mall
• 7th edition of BIIO held in Kochi
• 8th edition of BIIO in New Delhi
• Organic cum Nursery Mela in Vijayawada with Government of Andhra Pradesh
• Enters the FPO (Farmer Producer Organisation) in Karnataka
• Market study for North Eastern Region of export potential of organic produce
• Expanded organic adoption and certification projects to Chattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh and Jharkhand
• BIIO hosted along with Organic World Congress by IFOAM in Delhi
• 2nd Organics and Millets International Trade Fair held in January goes international
• UDYANA – Horticulture expo in collaboration with Government of Andhra Pradesh
• Organic conversion projects further expanded to Bihar, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi
• BIIO held at Delhi with APEDA as new co-organiser
• 3rd Organics and Millets International Trade Fair held in January in Bengaluru
• Second Jaivik India Awards Ceremony held in Delhi
• Organic conversion projects in Goa, Maharashtra, and Uttarakhand
• Empanelled as Service Provider in different states under National Rural Livelihood Mission
• Braving challenges during the Covid- 19 pandemic, we succeeded in establishing market linkages
• Organic conversion of 50,000 hectares along River Ganga under Namami Gange scheme
• Expanded into Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura